Looking for professional development training and networking opportunities specific to a career on Capitol Hill? AFF has you covered.
So, you want to be a...
Every other month, AFF hosts "So, you want to be a..." panel of Capitol Hill experts. Exploring what it takes to be a legislative or communications director, chief-of-staff, congressman, etc., our experts answer questions such as:
- What kind of skills do I need to excel in this position?
- Should I go to law school?
- How do I know which track is for me?
Join us, and we'll answer your questions and more!
Want to connect with established Hill Staffers? Looking for someone to mentor you from the campus to the Hill? Join our Mentor Program! Chosen applicants are matched with experienced, liberty-minded Hill Staffers who will meet with them to discuss career steps, professional development and to help them connect with the liberty network on the Hill.
Our mentor program allows you to:
- Network with established Capitol Hill professionals
- Be introduced to those in your field of interest
- Get involved in the liberty-loving community on the Hill
Capitol Hill Advisory Board
Do you love liberty and are looking to be more involved with mentoring the next generation of hill staff? Are you interested in helping with events on the Hill, honing your public speaking skills and advising AFF on the professional development needs of Hill staff? Join our advisory board and help build a liberty-loving community on Capitol Hill!
- Meeting after work once a month to brainstorm and plan events
- Helping out with events with registration, introducing panelists, and greeting attendees
- Participating in our mentor program by meeting with and providing career advice to young staffers and interns.
For more information, reach out to Christian Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org.