The Institute for Justice, the national law firm for liberty, seeks a passionate, outgoing and organized person to fill the role of Activism Coordinator at our headquarters in Arlington, Va. IJ’s activism team fights to change the world at the grassroots through outreach, community organizing, training, coalition building, and public demonstrations—a unique brand of activism that reaches communities unaccustomed to hearing the message of freedom. The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to IJ’s mission and the principles of free markets, limited government, and individual rights.
The Activism Coordinator will help implement grassroots strategies in collaboration with the rest of the activism team and spearhead select projects.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Help develop and execute grassroots strategies and public information campaigns with the activism team
- Cultivate relationships with activists
- Plan events (public demonstrations, block parties, town halls) and handle logistics for high-priority trainings
- Serve as point person on select grassroots and other projects
- Travel as needed
- Identify opportunities to raise activism’s profile in different communities and at networking events
- Track event surveys and effectiveness of tools to maximize resource efficiency and allocation
We offer a competitive salary, full health, dental, and life insurance benefits, and a retirement savings plan, as well as the opportunity to work with experienced activists and litigators in a collaborative, collegial, positive work environment. The position also offers opportunities for professional development, growth and advancement.
To apply, please visit www.ij.org/jobs
No phone calls, please.