Development Director – Yankee Institute – Hartford, CT
Yankee Institute – a dynamic think- and action-tank committed to the proposition that everyone in Connecticut should be free to succeed – is seeking a Development Director. This individual will have the opportunity to create a development program to expand the explosive growth Yankee has experienced over the past four years, and forge or deepen relationships with some of the most noted and interesting entrepreneurs and businesspeople in the Northeast.
The Development Director will be able to design and implement an integrated fundraising strategy, working in conjunction with the communications and research teams to ensure outreach is executed in a manner complementary to and in cooperation with ongoing policy campaigns.
Yankee Institute has an enthusiastic and collaborative work environment, and is especially welcoming to enterprising, energetic, upbeat people who share our principles, are committed to excellence, and have a good sense of humor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop fundraising budgets and campaign plans for the fiscal year and ensure budgeted income goals are met.
- Work directly with the President to develop and implement strategies to enable Yankee to fund its strategic plan.
- Engage directly in cultivation and solicitation activities to develop a set of donor relationships with a specific emphasis on donor retention and donor upgrades.
- Identify grant opportunities and liaise with Policy and Communications Departments to research and generate proposals that support the work of the organization.
- Development and implementation of planned giving program.
- In conjunction with the President, grow major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors
- Serve as the organizational contact for grants received from national partners as well as well as tracking and meeting grant report deadlines.
- Oversee the organization’s fundraising and relationship management software platforms and prospecting tools.
- Create and implement a strategic plan of action with timelines and evaluation plans for the direct and house mail programs that includes identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
- Prepare regular analysis of budget and fundraising trends, success rates of prospecting tools and donor retention rates for the President and Yankee’s board of directors.
- Provide fundraising updates for board meetings, presenting reports directly to the board as required.
- 8-10 years of experience in fundraising, outreach, external relations, client management or related field
- Excellence in organizational, managerial and communication skills
- Commitment to Yankee Institute’s mission and culture
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Consummate professionalism
- Sense of humor a plus
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing a) your salary requirements, b) your interest in the position and the organization’s mission, and c) how your experience and background will ensure success.
PDF applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: http://talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions about the opening can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.