Digital Communications Manager
The Institute for Justice seeks a digital communications manager with deep experience in planning, designing, and implementing integrated digital communications strategies and campaigns on major social and digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will be a talented, driven communicator who blends email, web, and social media expertise with a creative and analytical mind. He or she must have a digital marketing or communications background, with a track record of successfully executed, maintained, and optimized digital marketing campaigns. The digital communications manager will work with the rest of the communications team to create and execute digital communications programs to foster a greater understanding of IJ’s litigation, activism and research activities.
- Management: Manage all day-to-day digital communications platforms, including IJ’s Facebook page, Twitter account, and Youtube channel, as well as its email operations.
- Growth: Grow IJ’s supporters on current platforms, as well as build out and grow new platforms.
- Strategy: Develop and implement mid- and long-term communications strategies to engage IJ’s current supporters, as well as grow its network of support on current and new digital platforms.
- Marketing: Collaborate to create and execute data-driven, dynamic email campaigns and deliver highly-targeted/segmented marketing campaigns that inform, engage and grow IJ’s subscribers.
- Creativity: Create innovative multimedia content strategies (text, images, video, audio/podcasts, etc.) to use across IJ’s digital media platforms.
- Analysis: Provide data-driven insights to hone IJ’s current digital communications efforts, as well as find and develop new communications opportunities.
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field or the equivalent experience is required.
- A successful candidate will have 2-5 years of digital communications project management experience in a non-profit organization or marketing/PR firm setting.
- Strong understanding of social and digital media tools and platforms; must be proficient in the tactical use of core platforms, most notably Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Ability to demonstrate cross-platform digital knowledge, including social media, content creation, SEO, web design, online and social advertising is preferred.
- Proficiency in email marketing, marketing automation technology (ideally Marketo) is strongly prefered.
- Understanding of design fundamentals, video production and multimedia content creation is a plus.
To apply, please visit www.ij.org/jobs