The Ayn Rand Institute (ARI) is searching for an executive assistant who will provide administrative support for our senior-level executives in our Santa Ana, California, office. You will be responsible for professionally interacting with management within and outside of the Institute, comfortably communicating with ARI’s board members and staff, external vendors and other constituents on behalf of these executives, and flawlessly handling confidential and critical details. In this role, it will be crucial for you to anticipate the needs of the executive team and to work flexibly to accommodate schedules. This is an immediately available position, reporting to the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting high-level executives and is an energetic self-starter who is proactive, takes ownership of projects and priorities, is highly organized and interested in providing administrative support to ARI executives, who lead the Institute in its efforts to increase the number of people discussing and learning about Ayn Rand’s ideas! This individual can pull files instantly, has superior file
and data archiving and retrieving capabilities, is hard-working, is open to working longer hours, depending on CEO’s schedule and priorities and is comfortable working with various types of stakeholders, including executives and VIPs. This candidate should be well organized and comfortable scheduling meetings and responding to emails on behalf of the executive. Lastly, this individual should be able to draft documents and help the executives with any necessary meeting preparations.
• Managing calendars
• Making travel arrangements for CEO and when required for board members
• Identifying opportunities during CEO travel for interactions with prospective and current donors, with help from Development team
• Aid executives in preparing for meetings and ensuring meetings stay on schedule
• Processing expense and budget reports
• Responding to emails and document requests on behalf of executives
• Drafting presentations, meeting notes, documents and reports for executives
• Assisting with the preparation of meetings and maintaining and taking minutes for board meetings
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (two years or more)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Fluent in both PC and Apple products
• Experience in managing multiple priorities, administrative coordination
• Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask with excellent follow-up skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with Access, or other database software, and experience
with basic bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable are ideal
• Basic understanding of Objectivism preferred but must be comfortable with ARI’s positions
Those interested in applying for this position should forward a résumé and a cover letter including salary expectations to the attention of Human Resources Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.