Research Associate – Harm Reduction
The R Street Institute—a free-market think tank headquartered in Washington, D.C., and with regional offices across the country—seeks an energetic research associate to provide light research, writing and editing for our harm reduction policy area. This position will report to the director of harm reduction policy.
Ideal candidates will be self-starters who have a strong interest in public health and drug policy. The R Street Institute is a relatively young think tank experiencing rapid growth in both personnel and scholarly output.
- Researching topics of interest for the director of harm reduction on tobacco and opioid use
- Finalizing papers before going to editorial
- Proofing letters to donors and coalition partners
- Responding to inquiries from the public regarding harm reduction policy
- Representing R Street at meetings when the director is unavailable to attend
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Candidates pursuing a masters in policy or public health preferred
- Interest in harm reduction and drug policy
This is an out-of-office, part-time position that will require no more than 20 hours a week. The candidate will be required to come in for meetings with the director and occasional events.
R Street does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, era of military service, gender identity or anything else that's illegal, immoral or stupid to use as a basis for hiring.
We currently plan to accept applications for this job until filled. Candidates in whom we are interested will be contacted for telephone interviews, which will be conducted on a rolling basis. In-person interviews will be held in our D.C. office.