Social Media Specialist
Stand Together unleashes the power of community to solve our country’s toughest problems and help people improve their lives. We identify, support, and celebrate community-based organizations applying effective solutions to the driving causes of poverty. Through targeted programming, training, and organizational development we provide the resources and tools necessary for these catalysts for social change to grow, scale, and replicate their impact across the country.
We are hiring a Social Media Specialist who will embody our brand on all social media platforms. The ideal candidate will be experienced in strategically creating content, crafting copy for posts, responding to comments, answering questions, monitoring engagement, and more! As the front line of online engagement, you will engage with people who have a relationship with, or have heard of, our brand. This includes cultivating relationships with our partners by way of social media to help them increase exposure and contribute to sentiment shift.
The Market-Based Management® philosophy at Stand Together creates an environment that prioritizes integrity and compliance, fosters professional growth, and rewards our employees for the value they create. We expect this individual to both model and share these principles internally and with our partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of the community across all social media channels
• Ensure brand voice comes through across all social platforms and posts
• Communicate with followers and ensure timely responses
• Report on social media analytics and develop strategies
• Monitor social activity for best leveraged opportunities to promote content and maximize social opportunities
• Maintain an editorial calendar of content and collaborate across teams to coordinate social campaign efforts
• 3+ years managing social for a brand and/or creating editorial content
• Commitment to the purpose, values, and operating principles that inform Stand Together’s work
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field of communications, public relations, business or management
• Superior writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail
Diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps our drive success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.