If you’re interested in becoming a leader in your city or starting an AFF chapter, please read the information below and submit the brief request form at the bottom of the page. The AFF team will review and contact you with further details.
AFF will help you start your chapter and provide resources and opportunities to ensure your chapter launch is a success. Furthermore, AFF’s team will continue to offer guidance and support as you grow and establish the AFF chapter in your city, so you can focus on hosting quality programs to build the liberty movement in your city.
Chapter Resources & Benefits:
- Access to a robust national network of like-minded friends, speakers, and opportunities.
- Training and mentoring on best practices, based on 25+ other successful chapters.
- Connect with leaders in other cities for collaboration and program ideas.
- Invitations to exclusive events and trainings to build your skills and your network.
- Incentives for growth of your chapter.
Chapter Leaders will have the opportunity to develop professional skills and gain exceptional leadership experience while at the same time advancing the ideas of liberty and a free society in their city. Leaders may also receive the following benefits:
- Become a social and thought leader in your city and state.
- Collaborate with key leaders, elected officials, academic experts, etc. in your state.
- Organize unique and fun events that advance free market ideas; leaders have flexibility to choose topics.
- Get paid to inspire the Millennial generation with thoughtful solutions.
- Attend AFF’s Annual Leadership Conference.
Given the time and resources needed to launch a chapter in a new city, we have outlined expectations for each of our chapters and its leadership.
- Host a minimum of 4 events per year (quarterly).
- Programs will be on policy, community, or professional development, but may not be political in nature.
- Outreach and recruitment will focus on young professionals. All are welcome to attend AFF events, but the target audience are young leaders in your community (approx. 22-40 years old).
Chapter Leader Commitments:
- Time commitment of approximately 3 – 5 hours/week. Some months may be more or less depending on the number of events and/or volunteers in your chapter.
- Identify Advisory Board members and volunteers to support your chapter and plan for sustained success.
- Submit regular program information, budget reporting, and updates to the AFF national team.
Interested in starting a local chapter in your city? Please complete this form, and the AFF team will reach out to you with additional information.
If you have any questions, contact Heather Pfitzenmaier at firstname.lastname@example.org.