Events like receptions, lectures, and conferences are the best places to network. Here are some ideas on how to successfully network there:
1) Attend as many events as possible, as early as possible.
2) Decide which are of most value to you.
3) Identify who you want to meet there.
4) Ask a question, give your name, and talk to speakers. Ask a question that will be of interest to others in the audience, and don’t just give a long diatribe about your favorite hobbyhorse.
5) Socialize. Attend any reception before or after the event. Introduce yourself and others. Do not just hang around with the people you already know.
6) Organize your own event, such as a reading group, a lecture, or a dinner party.
7) Do a post-event follow-up, contacting people that might be of value.
A disturbing video appears to show that two LA gangsters are now mercenaries fighting on behalf of Syrian dictator Bashar al Assad. Calling themselves “Wino” and “Creeper,” the two gang member. […]
Thanks to the recent Winter Olympics, the city of Sochi has two gorgeous ice hockey arenas. However, it doesn’t have an ice hockey team to play in them. These arenas are just two of Sochi’s many. […]