1. Have a 30-second elevator speech to introduce yourself briefly to a stranger.
2. Carry business cards. If you do not have them, get them. You can them free from www.vistaprint.com. That includes students!
3. Wear your name badge on the right, where it is more visible.
4. Smile. =)
5. Introduce yourself to strangers, starting with those talking with people you already know.
6. Give others your undivided attention. Do not give the impression you are more interested in someone else in the room (even when you are).
7. Give sincere praise when appropriate.
8. Share information about events with fellow students, interns, and workers.
9. Listen and understand what the other person is saying before you respond.
10. Do not interrupt, even if you know what is coming next.
11. Ask open questions, without taking a stance. Use a follow-up if you want to disagree.
12. Introduce individuals to each other.
13. Ask others about themselves. Where do you go to school? How did you come to work here?
14. Maintain good eye contact. Looking at the ground or behind the person indicates lack of interest.
15. Do not fold your arms. That is body language for boredom.
A disturbing video appears to show that two LA gangsters are now mercenaries fighting on behalf of Syrian dictator Bashar al Assad. Calling themselves “Wino” and “Creeper,” the two gang member. […]
Thanks to the recent Winter Olympics, the city of Sochi has two gorgeous ice hockey arenas. However, it doesn’t have an ice hockey team to play in them. These arenas are just two of Sochi’s many. […]