The Institute for Justice, the National Law Firm for Liberty, seeks a passionate, outgoing, and organized person to join our Activism team as Activism Manager at our headquarters in Arlington, VA. Through entrepreneurial, strategic, and multi-faceted grassroots advocacy, IJ’s Activism team fights to vindicate the rights of individuals who are victims of government abuses of power and excessive regulation. IJ Activism engages the grassroots and decision makers through outreach, community organizing, training, coalition building, public demonstrations, the media, research, policy recommendations, and legislative advocacy.
The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to IJ’s mission, be genuinely compassionate to people of modest means and from all walks of life, and be detail-oriented, eager to learn, and excited about this work.
Candidates should have at least six years of professional experience post-graduation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute grassroots and legislative strategies and public information campaigns
- Cultivate relationships with activists and decision makers
- Plan and lead events (public demonstrations, town halls, roundtables, community block parties) and activism trainings
- Do media interviews, and write op-eds and Letters to the Editor
- Produce testimony, one-pagers, press releases, and other written content and research
We offer a competitive salary, full health, dental, and life insurance benefits, and a retirement savings plan, as well as the opportunity to work with experienced activists and litigators in a collaborative, collegial, positive work environment. The position also offers opportunities for professional development, growth, and long-term advancement.
We welcome applicants with at least six years of professional experience. If you have just graduated, please consider applying for our Maffucci Fellowship.
Spanish-language skills are not required but are a bonus.
To apply, please submit a resume, a cover letter, and a writing sample here.
No phone calls, please.
IJ is an equal opportunity employer.