Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Nashville, TN or Virtual Office
About BLEXIT Foundation
BLEXIT Foundation is a $4M nonprofit organization that is growing rapidly and has achieved historic strides in bringing American values to African-American communities across the nation. BLEXIT Foundation, founded by Candace Owens and Brandon Tatum, advances the message that African-American communities in the USA have for too long been dependent on government and the enlargement of the State.
About the COO Opening
This is not your typical COO position. BLEXIT is looking for a highly engaged, strategic thinker who can help take BLEXIT to the next level of growth and impact.
The COO will have oversight of BLEXIT’s three main operational verticals: Education, Chapters & Live Events. The COO will also drive operational efficiency and effectiveness.
The ideal COO will be a self starting, highly motivated individual with drive to craft and shape the buildout of BLEXIT Foundation in 2022 and beyond. BLEXIT Foundation currently has a well oiled and efficient organizational setup that provides a strong basis for organizational expansion. The COO will build on this success and provide enhanced operational efficiencies, as well as a framework for further expansion.
BLEXIT has bold ambition to grow and we are looking for a COO that can help drive this expansion.
Ideally based in Tennessee or within a 90 minute flight from Nashville, the COO will report directly to the President. The COO will directly manage the National Chapter Director, the Co-Heads of Education, the BLEXIT Entertainment Group & BLEXIT Live Events.
The COO will spend his/her time on the following:
- Strategic oversight - 50%
- Oversee BLEXIT’s three main operational verticals: Education, Chapters & Live Events
- Coordinate with each head of department to ensure smooth running of BLEXIT as a whole
- Digital operational and financial efficiency - 35%
- Work with the Development Director to build out BLEXIT’s digital infrastructure and increase digital operational and financial efficiency
- Operation infrastructure - 15%
- Oversee the operational infrastructure of BLEXIT including, but not limited to: managing insurance, payroll providers & other 3rd party vendors that BLEXIT uses from an operational perspective
- Work with BLEXIT Legal to continue the ongoing legal & operational compliance of the Foundation
- Build out potential Nashville or Tennessee office
- 7-10+ years of experience, including some senior or mid-tier operational management experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the non-profit sector
- Philosophical alignment with and passion for BLEXIT’s mission
- Program, events, and/or outreach experience desired but not required
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience managing departmental buildouts or program expansion preferred
- Experience overseeing budgets
- Experience with strategic planning and execution; knowledge of company operational models such as OGSM or SMART preferred but not required
- Ability to travel roughly 15% of the time; the COO will attend all of BLEXIT’s major rallies and donor events
- Knowledge of non-profit legal compliance (state registrations & additional reporting burden on nonprofits) preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including but not limited to Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in Blexit Foundation, how your background relates to the COO role, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.