Communications and Operations Manager
Communications and Operations Manager
Alaska Policy Forum
About Alaska Policy Form
The mission of the Alaska Policy Forum is to empower and educate Alaskans and policymakers by promoting policies that grow freedom for all. Alaska Policy Forum’s vision is an Alaska that continuously grows prosperity by maximizing individual opportunities and freedom.
Alaska Policy Forum works with policymakers in the legislature and the executive branch to provide them with the data and information they need to bring about policy reforms which promote individual and economic opportunity and freedom.
The Communications and Operations Manager works alongside the Chief Executive Officer to manage communications for and oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization.
Alaska Policy Forum is most interested in finding a long-term team member. As such, it’s not necessary that candidates have in-depth experience in every area of responsibility listed. Furthermore, APF is willing to tailor the exact duties and responsibilities of this role for the right candidate. So, if you are intrigued by what you’re reading and passionate about APF’s mission but don’t necessarily check off every box, or perhaps you bring other skills to the table, we’d still like to hear from you.
The Communications and Operations Manager reports to the Chief Executive Officer. They will have a presence in the Anchorage office, but may work virtually on tasks that do not require them to be on site.
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities of this role may vary based on the individual hired, but will likely include:
- Communications & Marketing: Manage and write content for website, social media, op-eds. Conduct press outreach and maintain press relationships. Manage all polling and focus groups. Frequently monitor all forms of media in state and manage public perception of APF. Manage all Graphic Design for the organization
- Finance: Direct creation and management of organizational budget. Ensure financial obligations are met in a timely manner. Maintain relevant financial documents by working with contract financial professionals.
- Information Technology: Manage website & office IT infrastructure. Facilitate management of hardware, software and network needs. Work with IT partners as required. (This role does not require an IT expert. Ideally, the candidate will have the skills to troubleshoot basic issues and perform day-to-day maintenance, but in-depth technical work will be outsourced to consultants as needed.)
- Strategic Development: Collaborate in development of organizational strategies.
- Human Resources: In cooperation with CEO, recruit, on-board and supervise staff, including interns. Create and maintain employee handbook and policy manual.
- Administration: Manage day-to-day functions of the office to include property lease, utilities, procurement, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of work experience; experience in communications and/or project management a plus
- Travel opportunities may be available, but travel will not be required for this role
- Strong interest in having a role that will further our mission to grow prosperity, opportunities and freedom for Alaskans
- Willingness to engage in Alaskan policy issues
- Disciplined and reliable, capacity to serve as a planner and provider of structure that enables others to thrive
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Computer systems experience preferred
- Excellent writing skills and ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Self-starter who will thrive in a small team environment
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as PDFs:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position/the mission of APF and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.