National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation
The National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation seeks a self-driven Communications Associate to assist in its communications and development operations. Since 1968 the National Right to Work Foundation has provided free legal aid to workers in thousands of cases whose rights have been violated by coercive unionism, including 18 US Supreme Court cases.
The Communications Associate will be responsible for drafting a variety of material for different audiences including press releases, op-eds, newsletter articles, e-mail updates, grant requests and reports, and correspondence with donors. The position is part of a small communications team that works with the Foundation’s legal staff to convey to reporters, to supporters and to the public at large the important work undertaken by the Foundation’s team of 22 attorneys in defense of workers’ individual rights.
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Ability to convey complex legal and public policies issues to a broad audience
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Attention to detail
- Strong commitment to individual liberty and limited government
- Experience with web design (html/php), social media, web content management systems, e-mail marketing services, and InDesign or other publishing software are a plus
The National Right to Work Foundation operates out of a traditional office setting in its Springfield, VA headquarters located on the capital beltway. Due to the pandemic, temporary telework may be considered in the short-term, but the general rule and long-term expectation is that employees will work in the office.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation’s mission, and your salary requirements
- A writing sample(s) amounting to at least 800 words
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.