The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) seeks a Content Manager to help create, manage, and distribute content. This role will assist in the execution, flow, and trafficking of a variety of print and digital projects. Primary responsibilities include copywriting, editing, assisting with basic design and layout, and working to ensure projects are meeting deadlines. The position will report to the Content Director.
IHS partners with university scholars to promote the teaching and research of liberty and to advance higher education's core purpose of intellectual discovery and human progress. At IHS, we believe the foundational ideas for creating a just, peaceful, and prosperous world arise out of the classical liberal intellectual tradition. These ideas include individual liberty, the proper scope of government, economic freedom, the rule of law, freedom of speech and expression, and open inquiry.
- Support numerous initiatives by drafting, editing, and proofreading copy for variety of projects (e.g., email campaigns, readers, booklets, flyers, brochures, schedules, invitations, web pages, social media channels, blogs, advertisements, newsletters)
- Support graphic design efforts by updating and editing templated publications, digital and print ads, and online content
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders on production requests and provide status report updates
- Work with Communications and Marketing team members to promote events to target audiences
- Coordinate the submission of various social media campaign requests
- Initiate and contribute to overall Communications and Marketing plans
- Utilize project management system and track projects as necessary
- Attend various meetings, summarizing pertinent information for Communications & Marketing team members (e.g., photography and video needs)
- Compile metrics reports and share results with appropriate stakeholders
The ideal candidate will:
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Detail oriented, keen eye for brand consistency
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively with various teams
- Project management skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office
Each year IHS awards over $1 million in scholarships to students from universities around the world. IHS also sponsors the attendance of hundreds of students at its summer seminars and provides various forms of career assistance, including mentoring, a job board, and online career development seminars. Through its programs, the Institute promotes the study of liberty across a broad range of disciplines, encouraging understanding, open inquiry, rigorous scholarship, and creative problem-solving.
We have a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional growth. Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. IHS provides exceptional benefits to all employees, including health and dental insurance coverage (which includes paying 100% of the health and dental insurance premium for individuals), health savings accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit and 12 free tuition credit hours annually at George Mason University.
The Institute for Humane Studies is a recognized leader in the development of talented students, scholars, and other intellectuals who share an interest in liberty and in advancing the principles and practice of classical liberalism. IHS, founded in 1961, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) educational organization, based at George Mason University, that works with students and scholars across a broad range of academic and professional disciplines.