Corporate Relations Manager
The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is seeking a Corporate Relations Manager to join the Development team. In this role, you will develop and execute on short and long-term fundraising plans focused on corporate relationships. This role reports to the Senior Director of Development.
- Identify and cultivate corporate support for Mercatus; including building relationships, understanding their priorities, and connecting those priorities to Mercatus research.
- Host regular meetings with current and prospective corporate supporters to update them on Mercatus research and aligned priorities.
- Solicit gifts ranging from five to six-figures.
- Maintain relationships internally with key scholars and program staff to understand policy priorities and anticipated outputs.
- Identify speaking opportunities for Mercatus scholars to discuss their research with leveraged audiences.
- Coordinate across Mercatus Development, Outreach, Policy Research, and Communications teams to produce consistent messages to current and prospective corporate supporters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, an ability to internalize and persuasively communicate Mercatus research, outreach to decision makers, and communications strategies.
- A desire to expand the network of Mercatus support and build new relationships.
- Proven ability to manage time-sensitive funding opportunities to completion.
- Strong presentation skills, including public speaking.
- Must be available to travel. Typical travel includes meetings and conferences in the Washington DC area with occasional travel outside of the Washington DC metro area.
Help Us Grow
Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process. Your cover letter must indicate your interest in the Mercatus Center's mission.
Click here to apply.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Mercatus provides excellent benefits to all individual employees, including full health and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit, and free credits at George Mason University.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University
For over 25 years, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has been the world's premier university source for market-oriented ideas-bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus works to advance knowledge about how markets work to improve our lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying sound economics to offer solutions to society's most pressing problems.