About Emergent Order Foundation
Emergent Order Foundation (EO.F) is a non-profit, for-purpose media studio based in Austin, TX that’s built on decades of award-winning entertainment and educational content creation by its core team whose experience includes work at Rooster Teeth, Paramount, Spike TV, Webtoon, Nickelodeon, MTV, and its sister production company Emergent Order. Through heroic storytelling that embodies classical virtues and that moves our audience to purposeful action, our mission at Emergent Order Foundation is to build a bottom-up movement that celebrates American freedom and the potential it unlocks in each of us. EO.F is looking for a full-time Designer to participate in a year-long fellowship program geared towards identifying talents and solidifying skills within the discipline, dramatically improving their critical thinking, creativity, and operational literacy around branding and visual design. Learn More: eo.foundation
About The Role
We seek a Designer to join our team as a visual artist with a minimum of 3 years of experience. You are passionate for the craft of design, have experience in thinking conceptually, are able to collaborate across disciplines, and generate and update basic graphics, animation, and other marketing materials.
The Designer should be proficient in After Effects/Photoshop/Illustrator and have an array of commonly used plug-ins and tools in their arsenal. Additionally, candidates should be passionate about keeping up with trends and tools in production and post-production and expanding their knowledge. The Designer will work closely with and report to the Art Director in service of the Marketing Department to provide design support at all levels of the business.
Finally, the Designer must be a curious, generous, and respectful team member. At Emergent Order Foundation, our work and our culture spring from a deep belief in the power of ideas. In other words, we’re nerds. We’re also idealists who believe that creative content can change the world, so we do our best to ward off cynicism and bitterness. We genuinely love our audience. We respect our co-workers. And if we ever fall out of love with our work, then we’re doing it wrong.
Core Competencies for the Role
Specific skills and experience are important, but they are far less important to us than your mindset and approach to getting the job done as part of a team. Your past experience and potential fit for the role will be judged overwhelmingly on a demonstration of the following core competencies:
You lead with integrity: You don’t cut corners or cut anyone down in the process of getting your work done. You treat everyone with dignity, respect and love. And when you see some nonsense going on, you don’t just take offense, you take action.
Deeply Inquisitive: You have a growth mindset. You’re a curious, life-long-learner, ravenous to understand the way things REALLY are, not the way you hope they’ll be or the way other’s claim them to be. Call it scientific skepticism. You want to get to the truth, and verify it through investigation and careful measurement. That way, the choices you make and advice you give are reality-based.
You Think (and Act) Fast, and Slow: You’ve got a fast, intuitive mind and HIGH velocity of work, but you’re also systems-oriented and methodical. 85% of the time, your first thought will be right, but you always take that deep breath to ask “and then what” before leaping into action. That way, you can sprint with confidence without much concern that you’ll run off a cliff Wile E. Coyote style.
You work smart, not just hard: Yes, you have the smarts and sheer grit to muscle through that stack of problems, but if a better mousetrap can be built, you build it. If it can be scripted, automated or systematized so that you and your team are freed to take on the more thorny/wicked problems, you build the robot. And, of course, you love to build robots. You relish in learning new tools.
Playful Problem Solver: You keep your sense of humor and take joy in Getting Things Done Right. Having a mile-long to-do list doesn’t stress you it, it invigorates you. It’s your PURPOSE to rip though that list and do it well. You’re drawn to those gordian knots like a moth to a flame. And when you cut through them, the satisfaction propels you into your next challenge with gusto. Despite your analytical bent, you don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively across all departments
- Excellent time management & high problem-solving skills
- Must be adaptable to change
- Ability to research and present information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Design and create visually compelling graphics for social media platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. This includes creating eye-catching graphics, thumbnails, infographics, and social media posts that align with our brand guidelines and messaging.
- Collaborate with with the marketing team to ensure that all designs align with brand guidelines and messaging. You will work closely with the marketing team to understand their needs and come up with creative solutions that align with our brand’s values and messaging.
- Work with internal design and marketing team, managing their deliverables and ensuring quality control ahead of approval.
- Assist with basic motion design tasks, including creating simple animations and video edits. This includes creating animated graphics, short video clips and simple animation for social media posts, and other digital marketing materials.
- Create original concepts and presentations based on direction given by internal design and marketing team.
- Stay up-to-date with design trends and technologies to ensure that our social media presence is fresh and engaging. You will be expected to keep abreast of new design trends and technologies, and to be able to apply them in a way that makes our social media presence stand out.
- Create assets and design templates for the marketing team to use. Create a library of assets and design templates that can be used by the marketing team to create their own social media posts, with your guidance.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute to the creative process. You will be expected to contribute to brainstorming sessions and to participate in the creative process in order to come up with new and exciting ideas that will help us stand out.
- Maintain the digital asset file management system and make updates as needed.
- Under the direction of the Art Director, collaborate with other departments in support of design requests.
- Manage multiple projects, work flexible hours, and meets deadlines.
- Rise to every new design challenge, no matter how large or how small.
- Must be able to provide a portfolio, ideally with explanations/examples of design process.
The Bottom Lines(s)
Who, where, when and how much, you ask?
- This is a paid full-time position that offers a base salary. Salary will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
- In this role, you will report directly to our Art Director.
- Our headquarters are in Austin, TX. On-site and on-location work is required as part of the role. Must be able to work legally in the US.
- Salary will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
- We offer robust group PPO health insurance with a wide range of plan options (via United Healthcare’s Choice Plus Network), wellness and other benefits for full-time staff.
Please submit your application and CV here: https://eo-f.com/designer-pdf