About Philanthropy Roundtable: The Philanthropy Roundtable is a well-established organization in the philanthropic sector, serving as a resource for hundreds of donors and foundation leaders. Its mission is to foster excellence in philanthropy, protect philanthropic freedom, and help donors advance liberty, opportunity, and personal responsibility.
The Roundtable’s key goal is to be the leading champion of philanthropic freedom, and more widely known and utilized as a trusted resource for philanthropists seeking to advance liberty, opportunity, and personal responsibility. We work with both individual donors and institutional funders.
With this goal in mind, the Roundtable is growing its development capabilities to create a robust and vibrant community of philanthropists who believe in the Roundtable’s vision, mission, and guiding principles and value the organization’s efforts to protect and advance philanthropic freedom.
Since 1991, The Philanthropy Roundtable has served individual philanthropists and foundations that are refining their philanthropic strategies to maximize the impact of their resources, as well as emerging donors and entrepreneurs who are developing their philanthropic plans. The Roundtable is the leading organization in the United States focused on promoting and defending the power of private giving and the means to create wealth to make charitable giving possible.
Job Summary: This entry-level position is integral to all development processes. A strong candidate will help the organization meet and exceed its fundraising goals by building a community of donors aligned with—and committed to—our guiding principles. Responsibilities of the development assistant include running the gift acknowledgment process, conducting donor research, drafting donor profiles and donor correspondence, maintaining, and updating donor records in the database, pulling lists, assisting with the moves management process, and other routine duties necessary to ensure the team’s success.
The ideal candidate will have incredible attention to detail, basic experience with research and writing, and a desire to learn about fundraising from the ground up in a fast-paced environment.
Job Duties: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and execute the process for thanking donors for their contributions
- Conduct research on current or prospective donors
- Craft donor profiles to help prepare various Roundtable staff for meetings with donors and prospective donors
- Manage database records, including updating address information, donor background information, and the status of fundraising requests
- Perform basic database queries to generate reports and lists as needed
- Print and mail grant proposals and reports
- Draft correspondence for Roundtable staff to send to donors
- Assist with the moves management process
- Support development team travel by preparing travel itineraries and other needed items
- Professional office experience, such as an internship or fellowship
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Superior attention to detail
- Highly organized with an ability to manage the details of multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Collaborates well with staff members to complete projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Endorses and is motivated by the guiding principles, mission, and vision of the Roundtable
- High standard of honesty and strong ethics
- Interested in learning about development and building a fundraising career
- Good computer skills: experience working with Microsoft Office to execute tasks such as mail merges and building or updating spreadsheets. Experience working with a donor database a plus.
Location: Downtown Washington, D.C.
Travel: Up to 5% of the time for Roundtable events. All travel will be domestic.
Application Process: To apply, please send a cover letter, including your interest in the Roundtable’s vision, mission, guiding principles, and your salary requirement, along with your resume to Suzi Marchena, Director of Finance and Human Resources, at [email protected].