At the Institute for Humane Studies (IHS), we engage with students and professors around the country to encourage the study and advancement of freedom. We support them in advancing the principles and practice of freedom in their careers, and we connect them to a community of individuals committed to the power of freedom and of ideas. Our vision is for free speech, open inquiry, and intellectual diversity to flourish on college campuses; for all college students to have an opportunity to study and debate the ideas of a free society; and for a growing community of scholars to research and teach the principles and practice of freedom.
IHS is seeking a Development Coordinator to join our rapidly expanding fundraising team. The Development Coordinator will work in close collaboration with the team to foster and cultivate relationships with supporters and prospective supporters.
- Manage calendar for Director of Development
- Provide administrative assistance for development team
- Prepare materials and supplies for donor events and meetings
- Provide marketing and onsite logistics support at donor events
- Manage and track RSVP's for donor events
- Maintain donor information in Salesforce
- Conduct prospective donor research
- Create and assemble development reports for analysis
- Coordinate with program teams to identify development opportunities
- Communicate with donors via phone, mail, and online channels
- Complete special projects as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong attention to precise details in data entry
- Familiarity with Salesforce or a similar Consumer Relations Management suite
- Experience with fundraising and events or similar fields such as customer relations
- Ability to manage multiple daily tasks and tight deadlines
- Self-starter and team player
- Demonstrates clear understanding of donor confidentiality and importance of friendly but professional customer service
IHS provides exceptional benefits to all employees, including health and dental insurance coverage (which includes paying 100% of the health and dental insurance premium for individuals), health savings accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit and 12 free tuition credit hours annually at George Mason University.
Founded in 1961, the Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) is a non-profit educational organization that works with college students and professors around the country to advance the principals of individual and economic freedom. IHS offers education, scholarships, mentoring, and other programs that help college students and professors contribute to a future of greater freedom, opportunity and well being for all.