Digital Communications Coordinator
The Digital Communications Coordinator will support Hillsdale in D.C.'s mission through communications, marketing, social media, and email campaigns on a full-time, one-year contract. This role will report directly to the Executive Director of Outreach and has the potential to become a full-time, permanent position.
Communications and Media
• Create and schedule a variety of content promoting HDC programing and initiatives on all digital platforms.
• Produce regular department e-newsletters to inform and engage HDC followers, program participants, alumni, and email subscribers.
• Manage all posting to ensure content is on-brand and search engine optimized.
• Liaise with Media Department and other teams on Hillsdale's main campus to highlight and promote HDC announcements, events, and faculty in the news.
• Document events by taking pictures and videos and coordinate with photographers and videographers as necessary.
• Oversee email campaign process from beginning to end, including soliciting content, reviewing, testing, and disseminating emails.
• Work with events team to draft and disseminate timely event invitations.
• Assist the Executive Director of Outreach with marketing, outreach, and recruitment initiatives, including drafting email copy and marketing promotional material.
• Manage email lists and acquisition, including initiatives to increase lists sizes and user engagement.
• Acquire and track leads from allied groups, prospecting, and creative sources.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy to build HDC brand awareness and regularly communicate with HDC departments for updates
• Manage all digital platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
• Identify and implement creative opportunities to increase engagement, including memes, videos, reels, etc.
• Curate up-to-date list of key allied accounts, seek opportunities to engage with them, and continually prospect for new mission-friendly individual/organization accounts.
• Monitor social media activity and provide regular reports on activity, growth, and engagement.
• Work with the Marketing Department to ensure online content follows established guidelines and best practices.
Individuals must possess such knowledge, skills and abilities, or be able to explain and demonstrate, that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Education & Experience:
This position requires a bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, digital media, public relations, journalism, business, or similar field. Preference for candidates with 1-3 years of experience in communications, marketing, digital media, or a similar field.
1. Understand and support the mission of Hillsdale College as well as Hillsdale in D.C.’s goals and objectives.
2. Outstanding organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to details.
3. Hardworking, entrepreneurial, resourceful, creative, and organized with the ability to meet deadlines, foster close teamwork with HDC staff, and meet objectives.
4. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to manage numerous tasks while setting appropriate priorities to achieve goals.
6. Strong understanding of social media success metrics.
7. Experience with e-newsletters and email list management, engagement, and acquisition.
The Washington D.C. Campus works closely with College staff, students, donors, alumni, and outside employers. A clean and neat appearance and a pleasant relationship that is supportive of the College mission are essential. This relationship needs to be pleasant, supportive, and professional, while maintaining confidentiality as needed.
Code of Commitment
Be a good representative of Hillsdale College to promote the liberal arts, the College’s original Articles of Association and operating principles stated in the Staff Code of Commitment. The Mission Statement should be considered in all aspects of the position. The teaching of Christian faith shall remain a conspicuous aim of the College.