Director of Development
The American Culture Project is a non-profit advocacy organization working to build cultural consensus for individual liberty and the free market. We know this is a significant feat, so we have developed a unique and targeted approach. Specifically, we are:
- Creating permanent assets that will grow year after year
- Focusing on building these assets in the most leveraged areas of the country
- Reaching and persuading those in the ideological middle
To accomplish this, we are seeking a dynamic individual who can help expand our donor base. The development director will be responsible for making first-time connections with prospective donors and introducing them to our mission, vision and goals. Reporting to the vice president of external relations, this individual will also be responsible for creating great giving experiences for our supporters. Ideally this full-time position will be based in our Chicago, IL headquarters but we will also consider a virtual office.
- Use research to develop and coordinate outreach to prospective major gift supporters
- Make frequent outbound calls to prospective supporters to determine if they are interested in our work – and if so, secure meetings with ACP’s organizational leadership and the leadership of partner organizations
- Partner with ACP leadership to execute the follow up needed to convert major gift prospects into donors
- Work with team members, vendors and allied organizations to coordinate outreach to current and prospective supporters
- 3-5 years of experience in sales or fundraising
- Sales oriented approach to connecting with individuals through email and telephone
- Experience with personal sales and fundraising is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with marketing and sales platforms
- Experience with Salesforce is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially on the telephone
- Strong writing skills
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong commitment to the principles of individual liberty and free enterprise
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials to Emily McCallister at [email protected].
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position, relevant training and experience, and salary requirements
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.