Director of Development Operations – Students for Liberty – Virtual Office
Director of Development Operations
Students for Liberty
Development About Students for Liberty:
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and over 70 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of identifying the top students, training and empowering them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 1,900 events with over 212,000 people in attendance. We are a virtual, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the US and around the world.
About the Director of Development Operations Opening:
The Director of Development Operations (DDO) is responsible for driving flawless execution of the development strategy by leveraging Salesforce data, project management skills, coaching and mentoring ability, and a process mindset. The DDO will manage SFL’s five-person development team and will be responsible for making sure that the SFL fundraising machine is operating at optimal capacity, providing a high-quality donor experience while maximizing revenue for SFL.
SFL has very sophisticated systems that support its fundraising efforts and SFL’s development team seeks flawless and frictionless execution. That means that we don’t just want to solve problems as they arise. We want to learn from them and develop processes so that they don’t occur again. The ideal candidate will have a problem-solving, process mindset enabling immediate issue resolution in addition to creating long-term solutions. Frictionless execution means that we seek processes that make the simple and the tactical as easy as possible so that we can focus our time, energy, and attention on the high-value activities that can only be achieved through intense focus.
The SFL development team is a high-energy, highly successful group that is driving rapid organizational growth. We are determined to continue to provide the growing revenue that SFL needs to achieve its full global potential.
This position is fully virtual and can be based anywhere in the United States. 5% travel will be involved for donor events and staff retreats.
- Utilize standard and ad hoc reports to identify upcoming steps to be taken by the development staff as well as donors coming up for renewal in the next 90 days
- Maintain high data hygiene
- Ensure that the strategic plans for each top40 donor are executed
- Coordinate and plan all activities over the course of the development year to provide a high-quality donor experience, including annual report mailings,end-of-year sequences, 4th of July mailings, as well as invitations to our flagship conference, among others
- Manage the donor experience at SFL’s flagship conference
- Calendar and manage the workflows around all routine development activities
- Identify recurring tasks and create standard processes around them so that all stakeholders are aware of their roles and responsibilities in execution
- Uncover pain points and opportunities to either improve donor service or minimize effort required to execute recurring tasks and events. Reduce friction in the system to allow for the best possible service with the least possible effort
- Develop recommendations for implementation, elimination, or improvement of processes that support the overall Development function
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with Development staff, review portfolios, upcoming renewals, stewardship tasks, and other data sources to drive excellent performance and flawless execution of SFL’s donor plans
- Support and guide team members in identifying and prioritizing donors, tasks, and other work requirements, joint problem-solving, and uncovering hidden opportunities
- 6-10 years of professional work experience and 3-5 years of experience managing a team
- Development experience is not required but an understanding of the fundraising cycle and processes is preferred
- An expertise in salesforce
- Passion for SFL’s mission
- SFL is looking for a highly-organized project manager who geeks out on data and has successfully managed a team and leveraged data to make it more successful. SFL is open to a wide array of experiences and backgrounds. If you think you are qualified for this position, please apply!
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in Students for Liberty, the DDO position, how your experience has prepared you for this position, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Director of Talent Engagement, at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.