Director of Development – The Center for Independent Employees – Virtual Office
Director of Development
The Center for Independent Employees
About the Center for Independent Employees:
The Center for Independent Employees (CIE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit legal defense foundation. The mission of Center for Independent Employees is to provide free legal aid through our coast-to-coast network of labor lawyers and paralegals to independent employees opposed to unions. For the past 21 years CIE has removed the yoke of unionism from the shoulders of thousands and thousands of independent employees while simultaneously removing millions and millions of dollars from the hands of those bent on destroying liberty and capitalism. In 2022 CIE embarked on a robust business plan to combat even more vigorously the forces of evil attacking liberty by upgrading and expanding our legal aid program. The successful candidate will play a significant role in the continued but expanded efforts of CIE to assist at the grassroots level independent employees who are in dire need of help while at the same time undermining those who are bent on destroying liberty and capitalism. For those who value liberty and capitalism there can be no higher calling.
About the Director of Development Opening:
Reporting to the President of CIE, the Director of Development is responsible for providing leadership, strategy, planning, and guidance for the comprehensive fundraising efforts and day-to-day management for all development-related programs for the Center for Independent Employees (CIE).
The Director will be responsible for development efforts to raise funds necessary to handle cases to protect employee freedom from union interference in the workplace. With a presence in all 50 states, CIE has worked with employees of private and public entities across the nation and dealt with most of the major unions, including UAW, Steelworkers, Teamsters, and NEA (to name a few) for over 20 years. The Director of Development will be tasked with building a sustainable national fundraising campaign to ensure liberty in the workplace.
- Create, implement and be responsible for the annual development plan, strategy, and operating budget.
- Lead and manage CIE’s annual overall development efforts including annual giving, online & direct mail campaigns, major gifts, special events, and other solicitations.
- Work with the CIE staff to support fundraising and marketing efforts.
- Guide the organization to develop strategies that meet fundraising goals.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate and private foundation sponsors, and individual donors.
- Strategize and implement engagement opportunities for donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Oversee office and software systems to support all Development projects and operations.
- Execute and oversee all external fundraising efforts.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- 5-7 years fundraising experience.
- Strong commitment to the principles of limited government, free enterprise, and personal responsibility.
- Proven track record of achieving annual revenue targets.
- Proven management and leadership capabilities.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically with a thorough understanding of strategic development.
- Demonstrated abilities to prospect, cultivate, and manage new donors.
- Experience with CRM database a plus
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file:
- Your resume, including relevant professional experience
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in CIE’s mission and listing your salary requirements
Submit your application to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Director of Talent Engagement, at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.