Director of Foundations and Corporate Giving – Reason Foundation – Washington, DC or Virtual Office
Director of Foundations and Corporate Giving
Washington, DC or Virtual Office
About Reason Foundation:
Reason Foundation advances a free society by developing, applying, and promoting libertarian principles, including individual liberty, free markets, and the rule of law. We use journalism and public policy research to influence the frameworks and actions of policymakers, journalists, and opinion leaders.
Our full mission statement can be found here: https://reason.org/about-reason-foundation/
About the Director of Foundations and Corporate Giving Opening:
Reason Foundation seeks a Director of Foundations and Corporate Giving to join our development team. This position is ideal for a pro-liberty, entrepreneurial candidate with excellent communication, relationship-building, fundraising, and project management skills.
The Director of Foundations and Corporate Giving will maintain and grow a portfolio of corporations and foundations who support Reason.
The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver who can position Reason to succeed financially and strategically with current and potential corporate and sponsorship partners.
As a member of the development team, this position will report to the Director of Development and work with members of Reason Foundation’s policy and journalism teams.
The Director of Foundations and Corporate Giving can be based in Reason Foundation’s Washington, DC headquarters or in a virtual office. Reason is open to a range of experience-levels for this role and salary and title will depend on experience.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation donors
- Identify and cultivate new corporate and foundation donors
- Maintain grant calendar for corporations and foundations
- Secure gifts of general support, program support, and sponsorships from corporations and foundations
- 50% travel with less if candidate is located in DC.
- Work with grant writer and others to produce proposals and reports. Some degree of independent writing is expected
- Maintain history of interactions and transactions in Salesforce
- Provide logistical support and build relationships with donors at Reason Foundation events
- Contribute to strategy, planning, and execution for the development team
Skills and Experience (salary and title will depend on experience level):
- At least three years of experience fundraising with corporations, trade associations, individuals, or foundations
- Passion for Reason Foundation’s mission
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently produce proposals and reports and manage workload, deadlines, and projects
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
- Entrepreneurial, goal-oriented, team player, strong work ethic, and flexible
- Strong understanding of and desire to support Reason Foundation’s vision and mission
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects effectively and in a timely manner
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Word, Salesforce (or other CRM system), and Google Workspace
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time (less if based in Washington, DC)
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing: a) your interest in this position, b) your interest in/commitment to the mission of Reason Foundation c) salary requirements
- Two writing samples
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: http://www.talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.