Director of Marketing
The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is seeking a Director of Marketing to join our Communications and Marketing team. As an experienced marketer and manager, you would work across the organization to identify Mercatus priority initiatives, ensure quality control of Mercatus communications products, and devise effective marketing strategies for both policy research and student programs. This role reports to the Senior Director of Communications and Marketing.
- Establish the strategic goals, budgeting, processes, and reporting for the Marketing team
- Ensure consistent messaging and branding across all external communications platforms (website, social media, print and digital media, podcasts, etc.)
- Build the Mercatus brand, voice, and standards by working across teams to ensure all products meet the Mercatus brand standards
- Manage and provide professional development and support to the Marketing team
- Research best practices to benchmark the Mercatus brand and ways to better understand and market to our audiences
- 7-10 years of working in marketing, branding, digital, or communications
- 3-5 years of experience managing a team
- Direct experience working with marketing platforms such as social media, online advertising, email marketing software, Salesforce, web content management systems, strategic messaging, and creating marketing products. Strong preference is given to experience on digital platforms.
- Experience ensuring quality or brand control of communications products
- Proven ability to interface professionally with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Interest in economic policy ideas and the Mercatus mission
Help Us Grow
Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process. Your cover letter must indicate your interest in the Mercatus Center's mission.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Mercatus provides excellent benefits to all individual employees, including full health and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit, and free credits at George Mason University.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University
For over 25 years, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has been the world's premier university source for market-oriented ideas-bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus works to advance knowledge about how markets work to improve our lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying sound economics to offer solutions to society's most pressing problems.