Director of Strategic Partnerships – Ashbrook Center at Ashland University – Ashland, OH or Virtual Office
Director of Strategic Partnerships
Ashbrook Center at Ashland University
Ashland, Ohio or Virtual Office
Director of Strategic Partnerships Opening:
The Director of Strategic Partnerships is responsible for major gifts fundraising and partnerships development to advance fundraising for the Ashbrook Center. The Director will report to the Director of Development but also work closely with the development team and the Executive Director on general fundraising strategy. This includes formulating and implementing major gifts strategies, and identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and sustaining major gifts from individuals and foundations. It also includes creating and strengthening partnerships with individuals and foundations that expand Ashbrook’s connections with current and prospective major donors. The position may also include the opportunity for input in areas such as marketing and donor communications
Ashbrook has embarked on taking our educational programs for students, teachers, and citizens fully to scale nationally, and we seek a person who can bring to bear the energy, experience, knowledge, and ambition necessary to help fund and support that expansion. The successful candidate must understand and fully embrace the mission of the Ashbrook Center. While the Director of Strategic Partnerships will need to work periodically at Ashbrook’s main office in Ashland, Ohio, the person may reside anywhere in the United States provided he or she is able to travel easily. The position requires significant travel around the country, especially to the East Coast.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. The Ashbrook Center provides employees with a benefit package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance offered to employees of Ashland University, as well as participation in a 403(b) retirement plan.
After one year of employment, spouses and dependent children of Ashbrook employees may enroll tuition free in the undergraduate degree program at Ashland University. In addition, Ashbrook employees as well as spouses and dependent children may pursue graduate degrees at the University at a reduced tuition rate.
About the Ashbrook Center:
The Ashbrook Center is an independent educational center located at Ashland University in Ashland, Ohio. Inaugurated in 1983 by President Ronald Reagan, our mission is to strengthen constitutional self-government by educating our fellow Americans in the history and Founding principles of our country and the habits of thought and reflection necessary for self-government. We are governed by our own board and raise all of our own support. We run programs and provide resources in American history and government across the country for students, teachers, and citizens. Our programs are founded on the belief that the human mind is free and therefore that education is not about indoctrination or information but about discovering the truth through conversation with others based on primary historical sources and great texts. We also believe that America was founded on principles of freedom and that America’s history is the story of our struggle to live up to those principles.
- Collaborate with Director of Development and Executive Director to establish major donor fundraising goals, execute strategies to reach revenue goals, and identify, cultivate, solicit, and sustain major gifts from individuals and foundations
- Manage relationships with prospective and existing donors in all aspects of the gift cycle including: identifying, qualifying, and initiating contact; developing and implementing appropriate cultivation strategies; moving potential donors toward solicitation and closure; making the asks; and stewarding donors, updating them on the progress and impact of their gift
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects with a focus on soliciting major gifts through face-to-face meetings
- Create and strengthen partnerships with individuals and foundations that expand Ashbrook’s connections with current and prospective major donors
- Engage in 25-50% travel for donor and partner meetings; more travel will be required for candidates not living on the East Coast
- 5+ years of successful fundraising experience including soliciting major gifts of at least 10K+, experience at a non-profit advancing liberty is preferred
- Experience soliciting major gifts of 50K+ is preferred but not required
- National level fundraising experience, connections, strategic knowledge, and track record
- The desire to lead, grow, and manage
- Excellent relationship builder
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the Ashbrook Center
- Experience with K-12 education, American history, and/or political science a big plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel approximately 25-50% of the time, more if not located on the East Coast
- Proficiency in Salesforce is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
How To Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing the reasons why you are a strong candidate for this position, your interest in the Ashbrook Center’s mission, and salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.