Donor Outreach Manager
Donor Outreach Manager
State Policy Network
About the Role
The State Policy Network seeks a highly entrepreneurial individual with a passion for driving our outreach efforts with new major gift supporters to serve as our Donor Outreach Manager. This individual will play a critical role in helping SPN build its individual donor base, and will serve as a first point of contact between SPN and potential financial partners.
This individual should enjoy the process of developing new relationships, have the chops to embrace cold calls and the creativity to break through barriers of rejection, be able to manage and analyze systems and processes, and be resilient and undeterred in pursuing their goals.
The Donor Outreach Manager will report to the Senior Development Officer. This is a fully remote position.
- Contact potential supporters – many of whom are cold prospects - over email and telephone to establish rapport, educate them about SPN’s work, and determine their level of interest in the organization
- Manage and drive a prospecting strategy and process that brings new major gift supporters to SPN
- Set up meetings for frontline fundraisers
- Work with the Senior Development Officer to develop an individualized strategy and roadmap for high priority potential supporters
- Prepare briefings for frontline fundraisers and senior leadership before donor events
- Work with the Director of Donor Communications to create strategic communications for potential major gift supporters
- Maintain knowledge of SPN’s strategic priorities for conversations with potential partners
- Test various methods and messages during outreach to establish best practices that can be shared with the development team
- 3-5 years of relevant experience; a background in cold calling sales or fundraising is strongly preferred
- Strong interest in advancing State Policy Network’s mission and impact
- Ability and willingness to spend a significant portion of time building relationships and connecting with people over the phone
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- No fear in making introductory phone calls, cultivating relationships over the phone, and the ability to maintain a positive and persistent attitude even when faced with rejection
- An ability to think strategically and creatively
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, and capacity to prioritize and balance multiple projects and effectively and meet deadlines and goals
- Strong analytical skills, organizational skills, and superb attention to detail
- A team player that can work in a fast-paced, high volume environment in professional manner
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook (advanced Excel knowledge or experience with Salesforce a plus)
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, including what regional hub(s) you are applying for, your preferred location(s), and why you are excited to work for the State Policy Network
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.