Donor Relations Assistant
The Institute for Justice—the National Law Firm for Liberty—seeks an energetic and detail-oriented professional to join our growing fundraising team and fill the role of Donor Relations Assistant at our headquarters in Arlington, Va. This position will play an important role in helping to cultivate IJ’s relationships with annual and planned giving donors through correspondence and solicitation. The position is ideal for anyone looking to join IJ’s fight for freedom as part of a dynamic and highly productive team as it raises the Institute’s $30 million annual budget.
- Help with maintenance and cultivation of IJ’s $1,000+ Partners Club giving club and our legacy society, the Four Pillars Society, by:
- Drafting responses to donor inquiries
- Welcoming new members
- Assisting with cultivation mailings and other activities
- Conducting background research
- Updating database records
- Process and acknowledge donations from individuals giving $1,000 or more, giving from their retirement accounts, or giving in honor or in memory of an individual or for a specific issue at IJ
- Prepare daily briefings for IJ’s president on donations to be acknowledged by phone
- Manage IJ’s quarterly in-house appeal
- Support IJ’s vice presidents for development and external relations with donor communications
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, and personalized correspondence to a variety of audiences
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize, problem-solve, and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to producing error-free work
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with staff, donors, and others
- Command of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Proficiency with data entry / database management
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Commitment to promoting individual liberty and challenging government abuse
- A year or more of fundraising experience
- Proficiency with Salesforce
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Institute for Justice offers full health, dental, and life insurance benefits; a retirement savings plan; and the opportunity to work with high-performing individuals in a collaborative, collegial, positive work environment.
To apply, please click here and complete the application and submit a resume, a cover letter detailing how your experience will ensure success in this position, and one to two brief writing samples of 2- to 3-pages each.
No phone calls, please.