Donor Relations Coordinator
Donor Relations Coordinator
Center of the American Experiment
Golden Valley, MN
About the Organization
Center of the American Experiment is Minnesota’s think tank. Its mission is to change Minnesota’s civic culture by promoting free-market, limited government policies. In addition to writing and commissioning papers, holding public meetings and informing legislators, the Center engages in an aggressive outreach program. Through these means, the Center brings conservative messages to millions of Minnesotans.
About the Role
The Center is looking for a Donor Relations Coordinator to process donations in compliance with legal requirements, to assist in Development work, and to fill the Center’s need for administrative assistance. The position offers lots of opportunity for increased responsibility and growth. It will report to the President of the Center and will be located at the organization’s headquarters in Golden Valley, Minnesota.
- Data enter and process incoming contributions daily
- Provide daily updates on contribution receipts to the Finance Director, Development Consultant, and President
- Create and send contribution receipts and donor thank you notes within 48 hours of receiving contributions
- Maintain accurate donor profiles in database, add donor notes, meetings, and tasks as asked by the development consultant and finance director
- Develop strong working knowledge of Salesforce customer relationship management software
- Greet, welcome, and direct visitors at the front desk during normal business hours (8:30 am to 5:00 pm)
- Answer, screen, and direct incoming phone calls
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Assist as necessary with various office tasks
- Assist the events coordinator and others in planning and executing Center events including but not limited to quarterly luncheons, the annual dinner and fall briefing
- Manage the organization’s physical presence at festivals, fairs, and conferences: Manage logistics, set up displays, represent the organization during the event, hand out materials, talk to potential donors and partners, etc.
- Assist with a variety of functions including research, Greater Minnesota outreach, youth outreach, communications, etc.
- Manage the Thinking Minnesota subscription list which includes new subscriptions that need to be added to the database and corrections/edits to salesforce
- 0-3 years of experience (internships may be considered experience)
- Little or no travel required
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic
- A strong ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects effectively
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position/The Center’s mission and your compensation requirements.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.