Donor Relations Coordinator
Donor Relations Coordinator
Students For Liberty
Students For Liberty is a rapidly growing network of pro-liberty students from all over the world. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We are the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top student leaders and training them to be agents of change in their communities. What began as a small meeting of young leaders has become an international movement of students with thousands of local student groups and thousands of leaders around the world with operations on every inhabited continent.
About the Position
Students For Liberty is now looking for a Donor Relations Officer who will work full time on the development team, aiming to generate new donors to the organization. The purpose of the desired individual is to have somebody who specializes in engaging lapsed and new donor prospects so that another representative of the organization can meet with them and make an ask for a contribution.
- 70% of time is to be spent on outreach and engagement with the majority of this role being executed remotely and over the phone and by email
- 25% of time is to be spent on research and logging of information
- 5% of time is to be spent on other associated tasks as needed
- Execute outstanding phone skills to tell the SFL story and engage new donors; most donor interaction will be phone and there will be less than 1 day of travel on average per month
- Processing information on potential new donors
- Qualifying donor prospects for affinity and capacity
- Schedule in-person meetings between donors and SFL development team
- Engaging in organized outreach campaigns to large numbers of prospects
- Preparing prospects for solicitation
- Performing derailed assessments on prospects once meetings are secured
- Execute written communications to prospective donors
- 0-3 years of experience required
- Political fundraising experience a plus
- Philosophical alignment with the mission of Students For Liberty a must
- Experience in cooperating as part of a team
- Outstanding communications skills especially over the phone
- Systematic approach to engaging hundreds of prospects
- Strong communication and conversational skills
- Creative approaches to outreach and engagement
- High level of letter-writing proficiency
- Knowledgeable in effective email draft procedures
- Experienced with Salesforce or a willingness to learn Salesforce
- Ability to be autonomous and entrepreneurial
- Interest in developing professionally beyond the workplace
- Ability to engage with persons of a range of backgrounds and inclinations
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position
- Link to a YouTube video of you telling how you would pitch SFL to a new prospect based on what you can read on the SFL website. Video must be less than 2 minutes, submissions over 2 minutes will not be reviewed
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.