Educator Engagement Specialist
The successful applicant will play a key role in the growth of Cato’s Sphere Education Initiatives, particularly our effort to bring Sphere to K-12 educators and administrators across the country. This individual will source, manage, and execute programming in support of Sphere’s mission to advance civic culture and civil discourse. Additionally, the successful applicant will support annual Sphere Summits and other Sphere programming throughout the year.
This role will require >50% travel.
The Cato Institute is a public policy research organization—a think tank—dedicated to the principles of individual liberty, limited government, free markets, and peace. Its scholars and analysts conduct independent, nonpartisan research on a wide range of policy issues.
Founded in 1977, Cato owes its name to Cato’s Letters, a series of essays published in 18th-century England that presented a vision of a society free from excessive government power. Those essays inspired the architects of the American Revolution. And the simple, timeless principles of that revolution — individual liberty, limited government, and free markets – turn out to be even more powerful in today’s world of global markets and unprecedented access to information than Jefferson or Madison could have imagined. Social and economic freedom is not just the best policy for a free people, it is the indispensable framework for the future.
The Cato Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Execute Sphere programming for schools, districts, and regional events across the country
- Identify opportunities to increase Sphere’s impact and partners to advance our mission
- Lead professional development trainings for educators advancing civil discourse and the understanding of civic culture
- Represent Sphere at events and conferences to attract participants
- Under the direction of the Manager and Senior Trainer, grow Sphere’s impact across the country
- Support alumni engagement activities
- 5+ years of experience in teaching and program management
- Experience as a grade 5-12 educator or administrator strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and commitment to libertarianism or classical liberalism consistent with the vision of the Cato Institute
- Outstanding public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and highly entrepreneurial team player
Click here to Apply.