Event Marketing Coordinator
America’s Future Foundation is seeking a creative and energetic part-time marketing coordinator to promote AFF’s chapter events across the country.
Through fun, unique, and informative programming, AFF seeks to recruit and cultivate young professionals to become effective, lifelong advocates for liberty. AFF’s 27 (and growing!) chapters host 150+ events a year aimed at discussing today’s most pressing issues and free-market solutions, developing professional skills, and building community. The event marketing coordinator will be responsible for promoting these events, engaging both new and existing audiences through email, web, social media, and emerging platforms. With a wide variety of different event topics and formats in different cities and regions nationwide, AFF offers the opportunity for experimentation and creative, out-of-the box thinking to reach new audiences with the message of liberty.
If you’re looking to get started in the digital marketing space or build out your portfolio, this role is perfect for you! With a required 10-15 hours per week, this position allows the flexibility to work on weekends and during the evening hours; plus, this role can be located anywhere in the US!
To apply, please upload a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the role and your commitment to the mission of AFF.
- Drafting and sending emails advertising chapter events
- Creating targeted (geo and demographic) Facebook ad campaigns advertising AFF chapter events
- Multivariate testing of ad campaigns to ensure the best cost per action
- Draft and schedule social promotion of events across platforms
- Update and maintain the americasfuture.org event page
- Maintain the integrity of the AFF voice and brand across events and platforms
- Work with chapter leaders to craft and hone event descriptions and images
- Identify innovative and creative ways to promote AFF chapter events across the country
- 1-3 years of communications, marketing, or digital/social media experience
- A motivated, self-starter capable of working on a virtual team
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of AP style
- Experience with Eventbrite or other event management platform
- Experience using Mailchimp or other email platform
- Experience using Facebook Ads Manager is a must
- Experience using Salesforce is a plus
- A commitment to the ideas of liberty including free markets, limited government, and individual responsibility
- Previous involvement with AFF is a plus