External Relations Officer
Founded in 2002, the Illinois Policy Institute has rapidly expanded to become the leading voice working to advance personal freedom and prosperity in Illinois. We have a proven track record of using a marketing-centric approach to advance policy solutions that unleash Illinois’ talent and entrepreneurial ability.
The External Relations Officer will play an essential role in further expanding our reach by identifying and cultivating new and current major-gift supporters. This person will independently manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors, make requests for major gifts and be responsible for providing a top-notch giving experience.
• Manage a portfolio of 100 current and prospective major supporters and cultivate them using a “Moves Management” framework
• Routinely solicit gifts of $10,000 or more in face-to-face meetings
• Maintain a focus on improving customer service
• Work with campaign managers and marketing team to develop donor pitches
• Deliver regular fundraising reports to senior leadership
• Participate in the development of an annual fundraising plan
• Represent Illinois Policy Institute at community events
• Travel to participate in donor meetings
• Participate in the planning and success of donor events
• Demonstrable, extensive (5+ years) experience in major gift fundraising
• Proficiency in the donor cultivation and solicitation cycle
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability and willingness to travel
• High degree of self-accountability
• Strong appreciation for classical conservative principles
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to balance shifting and competing priorities
• Capacity to adjust strategies and tactics quickly in response to new information
• Positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service
Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health (company paid medical), vacation and sick days, plus more.
The External Relations Officer will be located in our Chicago office.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
• Cover letter detailing:
o Your interest in this position
o A compelling case about why the mission of Illinois Policy resonates with you
o Your salary requirements
Materials should be emailed to Cinda Pensabene at [email protected] The position will remain open until a candidate is selected.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.