Are you a writer and entrepreneurial team player who is looking for an excellent opportunity to accelerate your career in the world of free-market non-profits? Do you have a passion to be part of a world-class team that makes lasting changes and contributions toward a more prosperous Pennsylvania every day? Then this position could be just the role for you!
We are seeking a Foundation Associate who will help expand the donor base by contacting and developing relationships with new and existing foundation donors. You will be a key part of a dynamic and growing team that helps secure resources for a critical mission to increase prosperity in Pennsylvania and America. There is room for reward and growth in this role, specifically related to advancement, professional development, and earned bonuses!
This new role will be responsible for finding new foundations and stewarding a few current foundations by researching, writing, and following up regularly. You will research and keep track of letters of inquiry and proposals for prospective foundations and follow up to secure meetings for yourself or colleagues, including executives. You will write letters, proposals, and reports about the organization’s work for general support and restricted grants. You will report to the Director of Foundations and work closely in concert with the Director of Donor Stewardship and Vice President of Development. You can be based in our Harrisburg, King of Prussia, or virtual office.
- Managing your own portfolio of foundations and granting organizations.
- Writing engaging grant proposals and letters of inquiry, following up, and tracking their status in Salesforce for Commonwealth Foundation and allied organizations.
- Researching potential foundation partners and recommending strategic approaches
- Assisting colleagues with grant proposals and letters of inquiry through a collaborative foundation group.
- Tracking and reporting on measurables from a wide variety of grants already received.
- Producing reports on impact and outcomes for past grantees.
- Locating and approaching state and national foundations who would take a keen interest in the mission or that of allied organizations.
- Infrequent travel required (approximately 5%) for meetings and professional development.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of experience providing written deliverables for a non-profit organization or private company and have experience using Salesforce and DonorSearch or comparable systems (Blackbaud CRM, DonorPerfect, iWave, WealthEngine). This person should also have an entrepreneurial outlook and thrive in a rapid growth professional environment in which experimentation and innovation is encouraged. Experience with nonprofit fundraising is not required, but preferred. A college degree is not required. We are looking for an individual with:
- Excellent writing skills
- Exceptional commitment to detail and accuracy
- Alignment with the organization’s mission and objectives
- An entrepreneurial, self-driven spirit who can work collaboratively on complex projects
- Virtual office is acceptable, but Eastern Standard work hours are expected
The Commonwealth Foundation (CF) is among the most effective and influential state-based think tanks in the country. With a top-notch team of policy analysts and communication experts, the Commonwealth Foundation transforms free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish. Our research and advocacy have led to lower taxes on working Pennsylvanians, greater transparency in state government spending and contracts, criminal justice reform that reduced both prison population and crime and increased educational options for thousands of students. Commonwealth Foundation’s Organizational Goals
- 1.) Achieve financial goals
- 2.) Achieve policy victories
- 3.) Lead with our values (Integrity, People Matter, Stewardship, Constructive Conflict)
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 4% company contributions towards retirement plan
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology and home office supplies
- Hybrid work environment with flexibility to work from offices in Harrisburg, PA, King of Prussia, PA, or from home.
How to Apply Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter addressing how your qualifications match the position requirements, your alignment with free market ideals championed by our client organizations and your desired salary range. Please apply here.