The Institute for Justice, a public interest law firm that champions freedom and justice for all Americans, seeks a highly organized individual with a background in writing for a variety of audiences to join our growing fundraising team as a Grants Coordinator. The Grants Coordinator plays a critical role in maintaining and growing the Institute’s base of foundation support by helping us report on our success while setting forth the vision of what new and increased support will enable the Institute for Justice to accomplish.
This position is ideal for a motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is focused on producing results. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of producing compelling, action-oriented narratives for variety of audiences and be able to manage a growing portfolio of general operating and project-specific grants.
- Draft grant proposals, reports, and other documents for both professionally staffed foundations and smaller, family foundations
- Manage and grow an extensive portfolio of general operating support grants as well as select project-specific grants
- Identify and follow through on new foundation support
- Process and acknowledge foundation grants; maintain accurate records in IJ’s donor database
- Review grant deliverables to ensure that we’re on track to meet all promised outputs and outcomes; track and update progress through the life cycle of the grant
- Identify top growth prospects; develop and execute a strategy to increase donor support
- Draft and send other documents and correspondence, maximizing potential for new and increased support
- Proven ability to distill complex information into easy-to-understand, persuasive narratives
- Strong philosophical commitment to promoting individual liberty and challenging government abuse
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize, problem-solve, and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing error-free work
- Ability to build relationships with staff, donors, and others
- Command of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Institute for Justice offers full health, dental, and life insurance benefits; a retirement savings plan; and the opportunity to work with high-performing individuals in a collaborative, collegial, positive work environment.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing how your experience will ensure success in this position along with two to three brief writing samples of 2- to 3-pages each (if available, letters of inquiry or excerpts of proposals or grant reports are encouraged) here.
No phone calls, please.
IJ is an equal opportunity employer.