International Programs Associate
International Programs Associate
The Fund for American Studies
About the Organization
The Fund for American Studies (TFAS) is an educational nonprofit that is changing the world by developing leaders for a free society. Our transformational programs teach the principles of limited government, free-market economics and honorable leadership to students and young professionals in America and around the world.
By offering a portfolio of more than 20 different academic programs, fellowships and seminars, the TFAS Journey helps cultivate future leaders from high school, all the way through to their university studies and professional careers.
Today, there are more than 42,000 TFAS alumni making the difference in their communities and throughout the world by upholding the values essential to the preservation and success of a free society. For more information, please visit our websites at www.tfas.org, www.dcinternships.org, www.tfasinternational.org, and www.fte.org.
Summary of Position
To assist with all aspects of the International Institutes and as assigned by the Vice President of International and Alumni Programs. Duties include managing the recruitment and admissions process for international programs, assistance with international student and alumni events, and communication between The Fund for American Studies and students. Some domestic and international travel may be required. This full time position is based in our Washington, D.C. office.
- Maintain and update website
- Manage application system database
- Manage coordination with program directors and communications team
- Coordinate email/social media recruitment campaigns
- Organize annual recruitment calendar
Manage Application Process
- Answer general questions and inquiries pertaining to the application process for all programs
- Assist with interviews of applicants for admission as needed
- Assist with general administration
- Assist directors with scheduling and organizing events
- Execute other responsibilities as they arise
- 0-3 years of relevant experience (internships may be considered experience)
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Approximately 10-15% of domestic and international travel may be required - this is subject to change, depending on needs from year-to-year
- Proficiency in a second language is a plus
- Strong communication, organizational and office skills
- Experience using a customer relationship management (CRM) system or WordPress a plus
- An interest in international student programming with an emphasis on free market education
- Experience using social media in a professional setting
- Study/work abroad experience preferred
- A willingness to work in a team environment and independently
- Flexibility to undertake new projects as assigned
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position/the mission of TFAS
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: http://www.talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.