Junior Graphic Designer
This position can be based in FIRE’s Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or Washington, DC offices.
The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to defending liberty, freedom of speech, due process, academic freedom, legal equality, and freedom of conscience on our nation’s college campuses. Please visit thefire.org to gain a sense of our work and mission.
FIRE is seeking a Junior Graphic Designer to assist FIRE’s Senior Graphic and Interactive Designer in producing print and digital marketing materials. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate in the design of digital and print materials, such as reports, social media campaigns, ads, flyers, shirts, infographics, and web pages;
- Handle production work, such as making edits, laying out text, and adding graphical elements;
- Pitch creative ideas and craft strategies to make these ideas a reality;
- Listen to and incorporate feedback to hone skills and improve design;
- Work with FIRE’s outside contractors when necessary to ensure that print and digital projects are on time, on budget, and consistent with FIRE’s branding and mission;
- Work closely with communication staff, including our video team and web developer.
This is a full time position with an anticipated start date of September 3, 2019.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- An interest in and understanding of FIRE’s mission;
- Proficiency in Creative Cloud applications including, but not limited to Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop;
- Experience designing for print and web;
- Ability to work within a team and independently to launch projects;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Exceptional creativity and a sharp eye for detail;
- A personal system for organization and/or knowledge of organizational tools such as Asana;
- Illustration and/or animation skills are a plus;
- 2+ years of experience as a professional designer and/or a degree in design or a related field;
- A passion for design and desire to make a social impact.
Salary and Compensation
Starting salary is negotiable and depends upon experience, education level, and portfolio quality. FIRE conducts periodic evaluations where employees may receive raises or bonuses for outstanding and excellent work. FIRE also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance; a Section 125 Flexible Spending Account option; matching retirement contributions; and a generous paid time-off plan.
Applicants should provide a resume, cover letter, design portfolio, salary requirements, and contact information for at least two professional references. All applications are confidential. Please address applications to Peyton Cudaback, Director of Human Resources. Applications can be emailed to [email protected]
FIRE is an equal opportunity employer.