The Fairness Center
Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh or Virtual in PA
The Fairness Center is an expanding nonprofit, public interest law firm that provides free legal services to those hurt by public sector union officials. The Fairness Center achieves this mission through a cohesive, wholistic approach, representing its clients both in the court of law and the court of public opinion.
In its first four years of existence, the Fairness Center filed numerous legal actions for its clients, including teachers who want to do what they love without supporting a union with which they disagree; a graduate assistant who wants an education without union involvement; a homecare worker who wants to protect his working relationship from union intrusion; taxpayers who want their money to support education, not union activity; and religious objectors to unionism who want to support that in which they believe, not what union officials choose for them.
The Fairness Center is now seeking an experienced attorney to fill a Litigation Counsel position and represent the firm’s clients in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies. This position will provide the Litigation Counsel with an opportunity to litigate, research, and craft cutting edge legal theories and cases in a dynamic area of law on behalf of the Fairness Center’s clients. Currently, the firm’s lawyers assist clients in Pennsylvania and Connecticut.
The Litigation Counsel position will be based in Pennsylvania, preferably working from one of the Fairness Center’s offices, either in Philadelphia or Harrisburg. The firm will also consider a candidate working from Pittsburgh or remotely from elsewhere in Pennsylvania.
The responsibilities of the Litigation Counsel will be as follows:
- Working with other attorneys to conduct litigation on behalf of the Fairness Center’s clients, including assisting with case selection
- Serving as a public spokesperson for the Fairness Center’s clients and working with communications professionals to help clients vindicate their rights in the court of public opinion
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- 4+ years of litigation experience
- Admission to the Pennsylvania bar (preference to those also licensed in Connecticut)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Highly strategic manager of his or her own time
- Judicial clerkship or law review experience preferred
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file:
- A cover letter detailing your interest in/passion for the Fairness Center’s mission and your salary requirements
- A legal writing sample in which the candidate was the sole or primary author
PDF applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions about the opening can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.