Major Gifts Officer
Major Gifts Officer
Tuttle Twins Education Initiative
Libertas Institute is an award-winning think tank in Utah with an 85% track record seeing its recommendations become law. One of our many educational initiatives is the Tuttle Twins children’s book series.
The Tuttle Twins books have sold over 1.5 million copies, with over 4,000 being purchased each day. We have developed a family card game, a podcast, an economic curriculum, and are now creating an animated cartoon series. The books are also currently being translated into 10 languages.
This exciting project is educating countless children around the world, with many new families joining each day. The Tuttle Twins presents a compelling opportunity to “grow the movement” and help many new people understand and embrace the ideas of a free society.
Libertas Institute is now hiring a Major Gifts Officer to play an essential role in helping amplify our efforts by identifying and cultivating new major gift supporters. This person will independently manage a portfolio of prospects and donors and be responsible for securing their investment in the Tuttle Twins project.
In this role, you'll get to…
- Identify and research major gift prospects and design strategies to cultivate them and solicit support for the Tuttle Twins
- Build relationships with Tuttle Twins customers
- Routinely solicit gifts of $10,000 or more in face-to-face meetings
- Deliver regular fundraising reports to the president
- Travel throughout the country to participate in donors meetings
You'll do it using your…
- Demonstrable (4+ years) experience in major gift fundraising
- Proficiency in donor cultivation and solicitation cycle
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis, as needed, to succeed
- Deep passion for the principles taught in the Tuttle Twins books
- Entrepreneurial, goal-oriented spirit
- Working remotely
- A salary commensurate with experience
- Matching 403(b) retirement plan
- Bonuses for milestones achieved
- Unlimited vacation
- Meal stipend
- …and being part of a project that is materially improving people’s lives!
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications, your sincere interest in this position and Libertas’ mission, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.