Manager Philanthropic Advisory Services
Sterling Foundation Management is looking for a Manager to provide Philanthropic Advisory Services in its Foundation Management and Consulting line of business based in Reston, VA. Specific industry experience or knowledge highly preferred but not required.
The role of the Manager in Philanthropic Advisory Services is to advance the charitable goals and impact of our clients, and to Make their Philanthropy Make a DifferenceTM. As a boutique firm that specializes in working with high-net-worth donors, our clients expect proactive, personalized, high-quality, and solutions-oriented service. In this role, the Manager will report to the Director as well as support Sterling executives in the delivery of services and solutions to our philanthropic clients.
The Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Supporting clients in achieving their philanthropic goals and/or the goals of their charitable organizations (private foundations, public charities, charitable trusts, etc.)
- Providing high-quality, reliable client services and maintaining world-class client relationships
- Conducting research and analysis on philanthropic issues, charitable nonprofits, and opportunities
- Gathering data and producing reports with qualitative and quantitative analysis, and identifying trends and opportunities
- Producing well-written, high-quality assessments, presentations, reports, graphs, and communications
- Updating project management tools and databases in a timely, detailed, and accurate manner
- Managing programs and projects for efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintaining client and company confidentiality
- Managing record keeping and document management system
- Providing quality reviews and editing as required
- Limited travel may be required (within the US)
- Oversee other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience in management consulting, finance, nonprofit, policy work or related area a plus
- Understanding of libertarian principles or knowledge and experience with libertarian organizations is a plus but not required
- Strong planning, organizational, and time-management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to gather critical information and produce useful reports
- Ability to liaise and interact with sophisticated clients, advisors, and executives
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Ability to work ethically and in the best interest of clients and the company
- High proficiency in MS Office programs (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Project management experience
- Experience with CRM databases and project management software a plus
Please email a resume and cover letter explaining why you are a fit for this position to [email protected] (no phone calls please).
Compensation will consist of a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefits.
Sterling Foundation Management is an equal opportunity employer.
Our continued growth in the wealth management industry led to our move into new, larger offices right next to the vibrant Reston Town Center. We recruit high performers to join our team so that we can maintain our motivating office culture where teamwork and an entrepreneurial drive enables our growth trajectory. Our employees enjoy significant workplace benefits including contributions to your retirement plan whether you participate or not, routinely catered lunches, highly flexible vacation schedules, charitable activities as an office, and various holiday events with fun and generous prizes. If you like to work hard and reap the benefits of your efforts, then Sterling Foundation Management may be the place for you.
Sterling Foundation Management is a multi-faceted wealth management and charitable planning firm serving the sophisticated needs of ultra-high net worth clients. Beyond its multi-family office affiliation, Sterling is the oldest national private foundation management firm in the country and is the nation's leading facilitator of sales of income interests in Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRTs). Sterling works with a broad range of clients and high net worth individuals in developing solutions to help them achieve their philanthropic, family, and financial goals through the effective use of private foundations and other charitable planning vehicles and financial services.