Digital Marketing Manager
EOE Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team. With a focus on social media and content marketing, the Digital Marketing Manager will coordinate with various teams throughout the organization to develop and execute strategic digital marketing plans that help achieve business objectives. This role reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Develop and execute strategic digital marketing plans that help achieve business objectives
- Work closely with the publications and content teams to ensure to develop effective promotional campaigns
- Work with the student programs and fundraising teams to increase fellowship applications and donations
- Work with the events team to identify target audiences and increase event registration
- Track and report on qualified leads and conversions for the outreach team in a comprehensive and ongoing manner
- Develop strategies to increase following among target audience members across digital marketing channels, including social media and email marketing
- Develop, execute, and report on paid marketing campaigns across display, SEM, and social channels
- Utilize strong analytical abilities to develop testing opportunities that optimize the performance of marketing efforts
- Utilize best practices to ensure necessary tracking and reporting functionality is incorporated with all digital marketing efforts
- Produce regular internal reports to help inform digital marketing efforts
- 3-5+ years of digital marketing experience
- Proactive and solutions-oriented self-starter, with the ability to perform in a team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize independently
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing best practices and channels
- Ability to understand and maintain a consistent tone throughout marketing messaging
- Experience using Google Analytics and social analytics platforms to develop comprehensive reports
- Experience using social media management platforms for social media marketing
- Ability to manage, track, and report on multiple marketing campaigns at the same time
- Demonstrated understanding of economic and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and be receptive to challenges from colleagues
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with Adobe CC is a plus
Help Us Grow
Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process. Your cover letter must indicate your interest in the Mercatus Center's mission.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Mercatus provides excellent benefits to all individual employees, including full health and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit, and free credits at George Mason University.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University
For nearly 40 years, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has been the world's premier university source for market-oriented ideas-bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus works to advance knowledge about how markets work to improve our lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying sound economics to offer solutions to society's most pressing problems.