Media Data Analytics Associate
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you enjoy tracking and analyzing data to help teams understand their impact? The Mercatus Center seeks a Media Data Analyst Associate responsible for capturing, organizing and reporting on Mercatus’ media mentions. The data that you’ll own is used by many teams throughout the organization to evaluate the impact and success of our strategies.
You’ll collaborate closely with the agile, fast-paced Media Team and report directly to the Director of Media Relations. You’ll also have the opportunity to identify professional development and training opportunities related to your career growth. Flexible location and hours are available for a highly qualified candidate.
• Tag media hits with accuracy, working with Cision software
• Compile and send daily media reports to the organization
• Capture scholar broadcast appearances using software
• Maintain data quality between operating systems, including Cision and Salesforce
• Manage effective relationships with outside vendors
• Work within deadlines for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
• Responding to any internal requests for media mentions with speed and accuracy
• Detail-oriented, with a passion for data stewardship
• Proficiency in Excel
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Excellent communication skills to liaison between teams
• An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for advancing the Mercatus mission
• Experience with Cision and Salesforce a plus
• Work experience in data analysis and quality, and/or media relations a plus
Help us Grow
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF through our online application process. Your cover letter must indicate your interest in the Mercatus Center's mission.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Mercatus provides excellent benefits to all individual employees, including full health and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, parking/travel benefits, and twelve free credits per year at George Mason University.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University
For nearly 40 years, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has been the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas—bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus works to advance knowledge about how markets work to improve our lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying sound economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems.