Monthly Giving Coordinator
The Institute for Justice—the National Law Firm for Liberty—seeks an energetic and detail-oriented professional to join our growing fundraising team and fill the role of Monthly Giving Coordinator at our headquarters in Arlington, Va. The Monthly Giving Coordinator will be responsible for managing the recurring giving program by attracting and retaining new donors; tracking and reporting program results; creating stewardship touches for members; and growing the program to meet specific annual goals. The position is ideal for anyone looking to join IJ’s fight for freedom as part of a dynamic and highly productive fundraising team as it raises the Institute’s $30 million annual budget.
- Maintain and cultivate of IJ’s monthly and recurring giving program by:
- Processing and acknowledging donations
- Drafting responses to donor inquiries
- Welcoming new members
- Assisting with cultivation mailings and other activities
- Updating database records
- Overseeing IJ’s end-of-year tax receipt mailing
- Create marketing plans to increase membership in the monthly giving donor group by:
- Sending targeted marketing letters
- Writing advertisements for IJ publications, social media accounts, and webpages
- Testing new strategies
- Draft progress summaries and the annual budget for the program
- Proficiency with data entry / database management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize, problem-solve, and meet deadlines
- Commitment to producing error-free work
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with staff, donors, and others
- Command of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Commitment to promoting individual liberty and challenging government abuse
- 2 years or more of fundraising experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, and personalized correspondence to a variety of audiences
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Institute for Justice offers full health, dental, and life insurance benefits; a retirement savings plan; and the opportunity to work with high-performing individuals in a collaborative, collegial, positive work environment.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing how your experience will ensure success in this position here.
No phone calls, please.
IJ is an equal opportunity employer.