EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re an outgoing team player ready to make a difference, apply to be our Office Assistant today. You’ll provide in-person support to facilitate smooth office function and provide a welcoming environment to staff and visitors. This position will also provide shared services to Institute for Humane Studies (IHS).
• Greet and direct guests
• Answer telephones and direct the caller to the appropriate associate or associate’s voicemail
• Receive, sort and forward incoming mail
• Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
• Assist in receiving office supplies
• Assist with related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating
• Validate parking tickets
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED
• Polished professional with outgoing attitude; a team player
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in general office applications
• Familiarity and working knowledge of general office machines
Help us Grow
Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process. Your cover letter must indicate your interest in the Mercatus Center's mission.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Mercatus provides excellent benefits to all individual employees, including full health and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, parking/travel benefits, and twelve free credits per year at George Mason University.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University
For 40 years, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has been the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas—bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus works to advance knowledge about how markets work to improve our lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying sound economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems.