Operations Lead – Certell, Inc. – Indianapolis, IN
Certell is an educational non-profit which leverages technology to create, market, and distribute educational content. Our goal is to become the leading provider of digital content that enhances prosperity in the United States and around the world with a consistently growing dynamic, collaborative and innovative team.
In a complex society, prosperity requires of everyone a basic understanding of economics and the ability to apply economic reasoning to everyday life. It also requires each of us to act responsibly in our roles as citizens, informed by an understanding of the history and evolution of the culture in which we live. We recognize that culture can both promote and hinder progress towards a better society. We are therefore developing engaging and balanced materials that reflect this.
Certell’s current flagship program is [email protected] provides customer-focused curriculum at the high school level in the areas of Economics, American Government, and American History. Certell’s current R&D projects that are focused on applying Certell’s core capabilities to new audiences include early stage experimentation in workplace education, prison education, and international programs.
Certell cultivates a self-management culture, driven by outcome-driven functional teams. The Operations Lead would oversee the [email protected] program and coordinate operations, reporting and accounting, organization-wide, in support of Certell’s mission and goals.
Responsibilities of Operations Lead:
- Own the daily operations function of the organization including day-to-day management of the office.
- Serve the function of team lead for [email protected], coordinating with all team members to execute all K-12 focused programs, to include participation in direct school administrator and teacher engagement.
- Work with Founder/Lead Educator and Strategic Initiatives Lead to set/revise key strategic objectives and performance metrics (KPIs) for core functions.
- Facilitate accountability processes for team leads delivering on core functional KPIs including but not limited to: curriculum, marketing, teacher pipeline cultivation, philanthropic development, IT.
- Measure and report on all key organizational metrics and develop regular dashboards.
- Coordinate with Certell’s Founder and Strategic Initiatives Lead to continue to build out the team and implement a culture of self-management.
- Contribute to a corporate culture of collaboration supported by administrative systems and communications protocols that ensure organizational agility to meet market requirements and opportunities.
- Oversee human resources procedures, payroll, and financial and cash flow management and reporting.
- Oversee buildout of new office space and continue to manage relationship with landlord.
- Lead, and recruit for, Certell’s summer intern program.
- Support personal and professional development of Certell team members.
- Facilitate and monitor the progress of deliverables and projects against specified timelines.
- Manage the process of 360 reviews of all Certell team members.
- Represent Certell throughout the Indianapolis community and across the nation, as needed.
- Provide detailed monthly briefing to Founder/Lead Educator and Strategic Initiatives Lead on overall operational performance of the organization.
Travel requirement: 10% or less
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree is a plus
- 5-10+ years leadership experience; K-12 experience a plus
- Demonstrated success in managing the financial, personnel and operations functions of an organization
- Experience with setting and reporting on organization-wide metrics, and facilitating accountability across teams and with Donors and stakeholders including the organization’s Board of Directors
How to Apply:
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing: 1) your interest in the position/the mission of the organization, and 2) your salary requirements, and 3) your commitment to be based at Certell’s headquarters in Indianapolis, IN
- Three references (including contact information)
Questions and application materials can be directed to Jonathan Moody: [email protected].
We are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview, although we are grateful for each applicant’s interest in this position. Only applications submitted as outlined above will be considered. Please, no phone calls.