Lincoln Network was founded to be a bridge between policymakers and innovators, closing the gap between tech hubs like Silicon Valley and policy hubs like Washington, DC. We see our value proposition in cross-pollination, network building, and translation between groups that don’t speak the same language. Our work includes helping innovators understand the policy world, and bringing the voices of technologists and entrepreneurs into policy conversations. We also believe in a world of free markets and free people, and that fostering a robust but responsible innovation ecosystem is crucial to creating a better, freer, and more abundant future.
The Operations Manager will work closely with Lincoln Network’s Head of Development and COO and will be responsible for assisting with donor relations, event planning/promotions, and operations support; as well as other administrative tasks as needed.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Lincoln Network’s events, including conferences, team retreats, salon dinners, and receptions.
- Work with the editorial manager to draft donor communications and event promotional materials.
- Maintain various records and documents for the management team.
- Assist the management team with various operations and administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings, arranging travel, working with caterers and event venues, etc.
- Assist with managing the DC office’s operations.
- Support a holistic view of organizational priorities.
- Partner with other departments to drive cross-team collaboration.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record (3-5 years experience) and strong skills in development strategy, development operations, communications, donor engagement, and internal stakeholder management.
- Enthusiastic support for the Lincoln Network’s mission.
- Attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and a drive to take initiative.
- Highly refined communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to communicate complex ideas through both traditional and social media forms.
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Word, and collaboration via Google Docs.
- Salesforce/CRM experience preferred.