Paid Intern, Public Policy
Madrus, LLC, a strategic consulting firm dedicated to helping clients develop critical infrastructure more efficiently, seeks an exceptionally motivated intern to conduct public policy research.
Madrus was founded and is led by DJ Gribbin, who formerly served in the White House as the first ever Special Assistant to the President for Infrastructure and the US Department of Transportation as General Counsel. The Madrus team leverages decades in infrastructure and policy experience to provide fresh perspectives on strategies to get critical infrastructure projects completed quickly and effectively across the country.
The intern will be a key team member in a small but fast-paced office, working directly with Madrus leadership in downtown Leesburg, VA. The intern will:
- Assist the Madrus team with research and analysis of a broad range of topics
- Prepare and draft memos, correspondence, social media posts, and other documents
- Attend to other business duties as assigned by Madrus
While all majors and backgrounds will be considered, a successful intern applicant will have:
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- An understanding of public policy issues and processes, ideally within the fields of transportation/infrastructure or economic policy
- A passion for problem-solving
- An extraordinary degree of professionalism, discretion, and sound judgement
- A personable, inquisitive, and fun-loving disposition
- Some professional policy, political, or relevant business experience a plus
The intern will have flexible hours based on their schedule and will be compensated at an hourly rate of $20.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please send a resume and brief cover letter (no more than one page) addressed to Michael Sargent to [email protected]
Madrus, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.