Private School Advocacy Associate
Parents Defending Education is seeking a Private School Advocacy Associate to help grow and expand our Parent Support and Advocacy Department. This is an ideal role for an action-oriented entrepreneur willing to roll up their sleeves and pitch in where needed. We’re out in the trenches, working alongside families to give them the tools and advice they need to engage constructively with their schools to effect meaningful change. PDE receives tips from around the country, investigating leads and filing Freedom of Information Act requests to connect the dots; files complaints with the Department of Education; and, when necessary, files lawsuits to hold schools accountable for violating students’ civil rights.
The Private School Advocacy Associate will report to the Director of Advocacy and will support the Public School Advocacy Associate. This full-time position will be virtual.
- Support and communicate with parents
- Aid in organizing and forming new parent groups
- Assist established parent groups
- Connect parents and parent groups locally and nationally
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Excellent communication skills, both over the phone and electronically
- Ability to navigate social media channels and learn new technology
- Familiarity with private school workings and their associated regulations
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials through our website:
- Cover letter, which should detail your philosophical interest advancing Parents Defending Education’s mission
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please