Are you a skilled documentarian, animator, cinematographer, video editor, or podcast producer? Reason is looking to hire an experienced journalist who is self-motivated, has mastered one or several video crafts, and who loves the art of good storytelling. Apply to join the production team behind Reason's videos and podcasts. This position is based out of our office in Washington, D.C.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of politics and public policy, and an appreciation for the libertarian worldview. Candidates should be comfortable working in a flexible, collaborative environment taking edits and assignments, but also interested in coming up with story ideas of their own.
We're looking for candidates who possess a variety of production skills.
JOB DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Creating your own documentaries for Reason TV, from pitching through post-production.
- Designing motion graphics sequences
- Graphic design
- Shooting interviews and live action
- Writing articles to accompany the videos and podcasts published on Reason.com
- Background in video production and/or graphic design experience
- Solid grasp of journalistic practices
- Sharp organizational and writing skills
- Ability to analyze and formulate newsworthy stories from a libertarian angle
Send your resume, cover letter, links to story samples, and three short pitches for videos that you would like to work on if you were a member of our team.
Email them to: [email protected].