EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Mercatus Center seeks a bright and motivated Program Associate to join the Academic and Student Programs team. As a Program Associate, you’ll contribute to supporting program leads and scholars, ensuring successful events, and executing project logistics, along with a myriad of other administrative functions on the team requiring excellent attention to detail and strong organizational capabilities.
You’ll also have the opportunity to develop your professional skill sets to work towards your own career goals. The team encourages advancement through university courses, and this is a perfect position and team environment for someone interested in pursuing an advanced degree.
This position reports to the Program Manager of Academic and Student Programs and works primarily at the office on the Fairfax campus.
• Provide administrative support for Academic and Student Programs, including data collection and entry, database management, and research.
• Assist in the scheduling and administrative needs, as well as provide research support, for scholars.
• Serve as a central point of contact for logistical questions and concerns from Mercatus Center staff, current students, and prospects.
• Assist in office management for the Fairfax office, including day-to-day office operations including but not limited to: facilities maintenance, office and kitchen supply inventory stock, and presenting a professional-office appearance.
• Draft program notes and reports and execute special projects, delegating subtasks to junior program staff as relevant.
• Assist with writing of website content, as well as copy editing of manuscripts, journal articles, and other research products.
• Assist with staffing of program events, recruiting efforts, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and balance multiple short- and long-term projects without direct supervision.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Experience in a professional staff support, program management, and/or events management role preferred.
Help us Grow
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF through our online application process. Your cover letter must indicate your interest in the Mercatus Center's mission.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Mercatus provides excellent benefits to all individual employees, including full health and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, parking/travel benefits, and twelve free credits per year at George Mason University.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University
For nearly 40 years, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has been the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas—bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus works to advance knowledge about how markets work to improve our lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying sound economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems.